In addition to its stunning new drivers, fairway woods and hybrids, Bridgestone Golf has introduced a new iron and wedge family of clubs.
Built around the global success of players including Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker, the J15 line provides forged and cast options to enhance the approach play of all golfers.
“A decade after the launch of the acclaimed J33 forged irons, the new range extends the Bridgestone brand’s tradition of precision-engineered irons in clean, classic styling with cutting-edge technologies focused on improving performance,” explained Steve Kettlewell, MD of Bridgestone Golf in the UK & Ireland.
Let’s find out more about the gear…
J15 FORGED IRONS
The new J15 forged irons – crafted in premium carbon steel for exceptional feel –are available in three distinct versions for very different players, but all feature a Sure Contact Sole to deliver the sole heel shaping that produces the kind of turf interaction better players seek.
Each club within the three sets has its own unique heel sole that has been integrated into the forging process to ensure unparalleled consistency.
The J15CB Cavity Back irons, pictured above, are played by Kuchar and Snedeker and feature a compact head design that provides tour-level control and amazing shot-shaping capability. A wider Sure Contact Sole ensures consistent contact and turf interaction with a degree of forgiveness that better players appreciate.
The compact two-piece design of the J15DF Driving Forged irons offers the ideal balance of feel and forgiveness. A hidden, hollow cavity between the front and back of the club head provides outstanding velocity for greater distance and the relocation of discretionary weight to the perimeter ensures added forgiveness. A mid-round Sure Contact Sole also provides better control.
The J15DPF Dual Pocket Forged irons use a Turbo Rubber Design to move discretionary weight to the perimeter for increased forgiveness and higher MOI, while enhancing feel at impact. The mid-sized head shape inspires confidence at address and provides great control capability. A wide, rounded Sure Contact Sole ensures consistent contact and turf interaction with minimal resistance, plus added forgiveness on off-centre hits.
• All three forged J15 models come standard with True Temper® Dynamic® Gold DG Pro shafts in right-hand only and a full set (4-PW) has a RRP of £699, or an individual club can be purchased at £99.99 each.
J15 CAST IRONS
For the ultimate in forgiveness and playability, the new J15 Cast irons rely on a combination of three technologies to maximise distance and accuracy for those players looking for more forgiveness from their iron shots.
1. The FAST construction features a 360° undercut, full-face channel to maximise the impact area and increase MOI for high speed, straight distance, regardless of where the ball comes into contact;
2. Designed to provide maximum forgiveness and minimal turf resistance on off-centre sweeping strikes, the wide round Sure Contact Sole - with the centre of gravity located low and deep – encourages high launching distance;
3. The oversize stainless steel club head has a thick top line and increased offset to inspire confidence at address, while maintaining the classic appearance associated with Bridgestone Golf clubs.
• The J15 Cast irons come standard (4-PW) with Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH shafts and custom yellow Golf Pride® Tour Velvet™ grips at a RRP of £549.00 in right-hand versions only.
J15 FORGED WEDGES
The new J15 Forged Wedge is the ‘best in class’ in terms of spin and versatility, thanks to extensive R&D testing and quality production.
Like other forged clubs in the J15 range, it incorporates the Sure Contact Sole design that offers a reduced profile and ensures forgiving accuracy from any lie. But unlike other brands who hand-grind the crucial heel side of the sole, Bridgestone has a unique forging process that ensures this area is never touched by hand and so remains consistent throughout the production.
The inner groove area has been expanded to channel dirt, water and debris away from the face, so increasing spin and providing consistent ball-to-face contact regardless of the lie. The face of the wedge has also been heat-treated for enhanced durability and longer club life, without compromising feel or performance.
• The J15 Forge Wedge has a head length of 79mm with a tour-preferred teardrop shape and lofts of 50°, 52°, 54°, 56°, 58° & 60°. Available in a satin finish from March, it will have a RRP of £95 in right-hand versions only.
Bridgestone Golf :: New drivers, fairways & hybrids
Have you seen the new range of woods introduced by Bridgestone Golf? Click here to find out more.