Bradley Neil determined to make up for lost time in 2021

Bradley Neil

Challenge Tour pro Bradley Neil says he wants to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scots Robert MacIntyre and Connor Syme as he gears up for the 2021 season.

The 25-year-old, who plies his trade on the Challenge Tour, hasn’t played a competitive round of golf since November's Challenge Tour Grand Final.

Despite this, Neil is optimistic about the year ahead and is pleased with where his game is at.

“The one thing I want from this year is more events,” Neil told bunkered.co.uk. “Without the mini tours, I played six events last year. Normally, that would be between 20 and 25, so to just try and play a bit more golf would be nice.

• European Tour lines up new 'Florida Swing'

• Knox: I should have been on Ryder Cup team

• Tiger Woods breaks silence after car crash

“My game seems to be in a good position. I have implemented a few changes in my game over this period that I have been scared to make and it’s good to see them make an improvement to my game.”

The Scot is yet to win on the Challenge Tour but is seeking to change that and admits he is taking inspiration from other Scots who have gone on to forge successful careers for themselves.

“I played some great golf in the events I did play last year, so the aim is definitely to win quite a few times this year. I’ve not won that often as a pro, so I'd love to change that.

“Seeing some of the Scottish guys that I grew up with like Bob [MacIntyre], Grant Forrest and Connor Syme doing well is a great motivation for me as well.”

• What YOU can learn from Collin Morikawa

• Monty heaps praise on 'exciting' MacIntyre

The Challenge Tour season is set to get underway with three events in South Africa at the Limpopo Championship on April 22-25, followed by the Cape Town Open and Dimension Data Pro-Am.

However, Blairgowrie-born Neil is not convinced European golfers will be teeing it up at the southern hemisphere events and thinks it will be a while before his Challenge Tour season gets going.

• These big-name pros want green books banned

“Fingers crossed we don’t have any cancellations but I don’t think the South Africa events will happen for European golfers,” added Neil. “With how bad [COVID-19] is down in South Africa at the moment, I can’t see them going ahead as they are. I think the South Africans will play in them but I don’t think the Europeans will.

“Hopefully that changes but that’s my outlook on it just now. I’m looking at the Czech Republic event in the middle of May to get me going for the year.”

Share this Article

share-logo
twitter-logo facebook-logo

Latest Videos See all videos right arrow

play button
HOW DO THE NEW TITLEIST T-SERIES IRONS PERFORM?
Titleist
play button
HAS TITLEIST MADE BIG IMPROVEMENTS? | T-Series irons review
Titleist
play button
PLAYING THE OLD COURSE AT ST ANDREWS | AN EPIC EXPERIENCE
Callaway Golf
play button
DRIVING TIPS FROM A TOUR PRO | with Ewen Ferguson
Ewen Ferguson
See all videos right arrow

Golf News

American Golf to design Open-inspired apparel range
PGA Tour caddie blasts US athletes taking the knee
Report: PGA Tour to ban players from playing Saudi International
WATCH: Unlucky golfer smashes moving car with tee shot
Paige Spiranac: “Players would send me nasty messages”

Other Top Stories

Tiger Woods: Inside his $41million Florida mansion
The very best pubs in St Andrews
The Scottish Golf Course Emoji Quiz!
24 lies every bad golfer tells
Doug Sanders: The extraordinary life of golf's original playboy

Quick Fault 'n' Fixes See all videos right arrow

play button
Hold your finish to improve your discipline
Watch
play button
How close to the golf ball should you stand?
Watch
play button
A simple drill to increase your shoulder turn
Callaway
play button
Complete your backswing
Watch
See all videos right arrow