One of Scotland’s most beloved golf resorts, The Machrie, re-opened last year following a comprehensive facelift both on and off the course.
Located on the Hebridean island of Islay, both the hotel and links at The Machrie were subject to a full renovation.
The course has been completely rejuvenated by former Ryder Cup player DJ Russell, the man behind both the Fidra and Direlton courses at Archerfield Links in East Lothian.
In addition to the main course, there is also a six-hole par-3 layout, a golf academy with indoor technical suite and covered driving range, a short game area, and the Hebrides putting green.
The hotel, meanwhile, consists of 47 guestrooms, suites and lodges, some of which have their own kitchens and outdoor terraces.
There is a stunning restaurant that overlooks the 18th green, the golf course and the sea with a south-west facing terrace affording sunset views over the Atlantic. The bar features an impressive collection of whiskies, most of which are from Islay’s eight distilleries.
The restaurant specialises in the very best that Scotland has to offer from the land, the sea and the air, whilst The Courtyard Lounge, The Snug, The Stag Lounge and The Bar all have fireplaces and are welcoming places in which to relax. There is also a Spa with two treatment rooms, a sauna and gym.
A private meeting and dining room plus a private screening room are available for both hotel guests and visitors to enjoy.
Getting there has never been easier, too, with daily flights from Glasgow to Islay, as well as local inter-island flights. There are also several daily ferries from the mainland and connecting with other islands.
Full: £795 per person
Benefits (subject to availability) include:
- Unlimited golf at The Machrie Links
- The ability to introduce up to 3 guests at a guest rate at any one time (must be accompanied)
- Free room upgrade
- Preferred off-peak season rooms rates
- Handicap & Competitions
- Full access to the Hotel Restaurant & Bar
- Discounted meeting room hire of up to 10%
- Reserve tee times up to 2 weeks in advance
- Special member guest green fee rates
- Practice Facilities: Range area, chipping green & putting green
- 10% discount on Food
- Discounted range balls 10%
- Access to Wee Course (Par 3 course)
- Discounted Golf Lessons up to 10%
- Discount on buggy hire 10%
Phone: 01496 302310
Facebook: Search for ‘The Machrie’