Nike Golf has chosen Scotland as the location for the world’s first Nike Performance Fitting Centre that is set to open at the prestigious Archerfield Links at the start of July.
Built as a hub for Nike Golf’s European activity, it’s open for golfers of all levels to take advantage of and offers the full range of product, technology and fitting experiences that Nike Golf's tour athletes regularly receive.
There will be a range of packages on offer once the centre officially opens ranging from a three-day experience all the way through to a one-hour fitting.
“It’s been a pleasure to work with Tom and the team on this project and it’s something we’re really looking forward to opening,” said Angus Moir, general manager of Nike Golf, EMEA. “The ball started rolling at the Open last year when Tom came to us and said he’d be interested in working more closely with the brand.
“Nike Golf has deliberately taken some time to decide where we open our first location in the European market that offers the consumer an experience that no other brand is able to deliver.
“We looked at a place in Denmark, and also another one in the UK, but none that ticked all the boxes.
“It’s important to come to an area with an established golfing reputation and, to be honest, I don’t think I can think of a better and more appropriate place for this to be.
“For me to open the first centre in Scotland is a tremendous honour. I was born just down the road in Dunbar and this offers the ideal place for a facility that we want to be used by consumers and tour professionals.”
Tom Younger, CEO at Archerfield, added: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with Nike Golf on this exciting project. At Archerfield we like to play a different game. We want to create facilities which are above and beyond expectation, which set the benchmark in understated and luxury service.”
Ten things to look forward to at the Nike Golf Performance Centre
- You can book in to a three-day Nike Golf experience where you will be well taken care of as you go through the fitting process for a full bag of new clubs.
- Within certain packages, Nike Golf offers 24-hour custom fitting that means your new clubs will be with you before you leave the centre.
- Access to the TPEGS tuition and coaching means you can get a lesson from 1999 Ryder Cup player Andrew Coltart.
- It’s right in the heart of East Lothian and there are over 20 golf courses to take advantage of on Scotland’s Golf Coast.
- Three state-of-the-art indoor bays have been specifically tailored in conjunction with Huxley to offer the most advanced artificial turf to date.
- Cameras can film every aspect of your swing in the bays and allow you to be compared against the pros.
- The putter facility utilises the SAM PuttLab technology to get your ball rolling on the greens.
- The shoe fitting and apparel fitting area ensure you’ll walk onto the course looking and feeling like a million dollars.
- State-of-the-art practice facilities mean you can practice every aspect of your game until your heart is content.
- Course designer DJ Russell has developed a bump and run practice area at the Nike Golf facility to let you practice running a five-iron or seven-iron up to the green.