More than half of all PGA Tour pros have seen a fellow player cheat during a tournament round.
According to the latest edition of Golf Magazine’s "Anonymous PGA Tour Pro Survey", 56% of players surveyed said that they had witnessed a playing partner purposefully break the rules.
One player remarked that they had seen it happen “multiple times”, adding: “The Tour is a joke when it comes to enforcing the rules.”
Another said: “I’ve seen guys bend the rules and mark their ball improperly.”
To a man, every player polled said that they had never not reported themselves for breaking a rule.
Other eye-catching results...
• 53% of players surveyed said that unruly fan behaviour had cost them a shot
• 54% of players have played a tournament round hungover
• 56% of players voted for Donald Trump in the most recent US Presidential election
• 90% believe that Tiger Woods will win another major
• 64% have paid a PGA Tour fine
• 54% think Phil Mickelson should have been DQ'd for his antics in this year’s US Open
• 51% own a gun