TIGER WOODS | HERO WORLD CHALLENGE
If ever you needed any proof as to how big a draw Tiger Woods is, this is surely it.
The Golf Channel TV ratings have been released for his comeback at the Hero World Challenge and, considering it was an unofficial PGA Tour money event, the figures were pretty astounding.
Here are the nine mind-blowing stats below:
1. Round one coverage delivered a .86 coverage rating/782,000 viewers: +190% year over year and +74% over 2014, the last time Tiger Woods was in the field at this event.
2. Most-watched Thursday round one since the first round of The Open in July.
3. Most-watched round one at the Hero World Challenge on Golf Channel (2007-16).
4. Excluding Ryder Cups and Presidents Cups, most-watched fourth quarter round one in Golf Channel history (2006-16).
5. Round two coverage delivered a .83 coverage rating/768,000 viewers: +135% year over year and +50% over 2014.
6. Most-watched Friday round two since the second round of The Open in July.
7. Saturday’s live coverage on NBC delivered a 1.38 US HH rating/2,049,000 viewers, +115% year over year and +86% from 2014.
8. Most-watched PGA Tour round three since The Memorial third round in June, excluding the majors and Ryder Cup.
9. Sunday’s live coverage on NBC delivered a .96 US HH rating/1,397,000 viewers, +67% year over year and +35% from 2014.
10. A total of 7.4m minutes were streamed digitally. The fifth most-streamed golf event this year on Golf Channel/NBC behind The Open, the Olympics, the Ryder Cup and the Players Championship.
How much of Tiger Woods did you watch?
Did you flick on any of the Hero World Challenge just because Tiger Woods was back in action? Leave your thoughts in the ‘Comments’ section below.