Below you will find our terms and conditions for bunkered Golf Breaks. Please read through these terms and conditions carefully and any questions, give us a call on 0141 212 8889.
Your Package booking is with PSP Media Group Limited trading as BUNKERED GOLF BREAKS.
1. Our details We are bunkered Golf Breaks, a trading name of PSP Media Group Limited, company number SC158316 a company registered in Scotland at Courier Buildings 2 Albert Square Dundee DD1 9QJ (“Bunkered”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
2. Your package booking By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that he/she:
has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
is over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
Any booking enquiries (whether made online or over the telephone) will be held open for a maximum of 7 days (or less if we notify you). After 7 days we will need to make an additional enquiry and the price may not be the same. Bookings may be made over the telephone or online. All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking. We do not guarantee that any of the Packages we advertise will still be available at the time of booking.
By providing us with the details of the Package you wish to book over the telephone or online, you are requesting us to book the relevant Package on your behalf. A booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit or full payment if you are booking within 42 days of departure (see clause 3 ‘Paying for your Package’ below) and we issue you with a confirmation invoice. We reserve the right to return your payment and decline to issue a confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a confirmation invoice.
Group Bookings: For group bookings of more than 8, we will only deal with the first named person on the booking.
3. Paying for Your Package In order to book your chosen Package, you must make payment as outlined in this clause 3. All prices quoted are in pounds sterling and must be paid in this currency. You must also pay all applicable booking fees. We accept the following forms of payment:
Debit cards – no charge
Credit cards – no charge
When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of £30 (thirty pounds) per person. The balance of the price of your package must be paid at least 42 days before your departure date. This date will be specified on your confirmation invoice. For any bookings made within 42 days of departure, payment in full at the time of booking will be required.
In some cases, bookings may require full pre payment more than 42 days prior to your departure date. You will however be advised of this at the time of booking.
If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your package. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit.
A booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit (or full payment if you are booking within 42 days of departure) and we issue you with a confirmation invoice. We reserve the right to return your payment and decline to issue a confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a confirmation invoice.
Should we be unable to collect any outstanding payments from you whether it is the balance due to be paid by you or otherwise before the deposit due date or the date on which you are due to travel (as applicable) we reserve the right to cancel the booking made on your behalf and you will forfeit all monies paid by you for such booking and charge any relevant cancellation fees as set out in 4 below.
The local authorities in certain regions may impose additional taxes (tourist tax, etc), which have to be paid locally (e.g. at the hotel). You are exclusively responsible for paying such additional taxes.
4. If You Cancel Your Package You, or any member of your party, may cancel your package at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices at 50 High Craighall Road Glasgow G4 9UD Since we incur costs in cancelling your package, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows (see also the exception below):
Period before departure in which you notify us
42 days or more
Deposit plus £50 administration charge per person
Within 21 days
100% of package cost
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
You can cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. In such circumstances, we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
5. If You Change Your Booking If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your package in any way, for example your chosen dates or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £20.00 per person if the change is possible, and any further cost we incur in making the change. Administration charges are non-refundable in the event you cancel your booking. You should be aware that any costs associated with making changes could increase the closer to the departure date and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain packages or elements of packages may not be changeable or refundable after a booking has been made and any change could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of the package or the relevant part of the package. You will be advised of any non changeable or non refundable costs prior to booking.
You can transfer your booking to another person, who satisfies all the conditions that apply to this booking, by giving us notice in writing as soon as possible and no later than 7 days before departure. Both you and the new customer are responsible for paying all costs we incur in making the transfer.
6. If we cancel your booking We reserve the right to cancel your booking. We will not cancel less than 42 days before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance, or because the minimum number required for the package to go ahead hasn’t been reached. The minimum number required will be provided to you with the package description, along with the time limit for us to tell you if the package has to be cancelled.
If your package is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an alternative package of comparable standard from us if we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
In the event a refund is paid to you, we will pay you appropriate compensation except where the cancellation is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (see definition above).
Any compensation paid to you will not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so. We regret we cannot meet any expenses or losses that you may incur as a result of the cancellation.
7. If we change your booking It is a term of your booking that we are able to make changes to any aspect of your booking. If the change is insignificant, we will ensure that you are notified about it. Examples of insignificant changes include change of accommodation or golf course to another of the equivalent or higher standard.
If we are constrained by circumstances beyond our control to alter significantly any of the main characteristics of the services that make up your package you will have the rights set out below.
We will contact you and you will have the choice of accepting the change or having a refund of all monies paid. You can also accept an alternative package, where we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). We will tell you the procedure for making your choice. Please read any notification of changes carefully and respond promptly as if you do not respond to us within the timescale given your booking may be cancelled.
If you choose to accept a refund we will pay you appropriate compensation except where the significant change is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
The compensation that we will offer will not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so. We regret we cannot meet any expenses or losses that you may incur as a result of the changes.
8. Our Liability to You You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the services included in this package. If any of the services included in your package are not performed in accordance with the contract, or are improperly performed, by us or the service suppliers, and this has affected the enjoyment of your arrangements, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the services is due to: you or another member of your party; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the services in the package and is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to
a maximum of three times the cost of your package. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with
and/or in an identical manner to
a) The contractual terms of the supplier/s that provide the services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this booking; and
b) Any relevant international convention, which may limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of the extent of or the conditions under which compensation is to be paid under these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the supplier service contractual terms, or the international conventions, from our offices at 50 High Craighall Rd Glasgow G4 9UD.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn’t apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your package.
NB this entire clause 8 does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities during your trip.
9. Insurance You must take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses, as well as ensuring you have cover for any activities you have booked, including additional cover for all other activities you have booked. We reserve the right to request proof of insurance at any time prior to travel.
If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
10. Special Requests Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking, e.g diet, room location, a particular facility at a hotel. You must confirm your requests in writing, but we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
11. Fitness to Travel and Medical Conditions We are not a specialist assisted travel company but we will do our utmost to cater for any special assistance requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical condition/s or disability which may affect your trip, please provide us with full details before we confirm your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen package. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in the package. Acting reasonably, if we, or the supplier, are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
12. Cutting Your Trip Short If you return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your package and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of accommodation and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for any part of your package not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
13. Accuracy We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in any advertising material that we publish are accurate, however, occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the package that you wish to book before your booking is confirmed. Where the package has been listed incorrectly and the booking has already been confirmed, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and refund all monies paid to you.
14. Additional Services Once your package has commenced there may be additional excursions, facilities, golf rounds or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst during your trip which are not part of your package provided by us. Your contract for these will be with the supplier of these services and not with us. There may also be ‘extras’ that can only be purchased once the package has commenced, for example golf buggies and club hire. We are not responsible for the provision of any such services or for anything that happens during the course of its provision.
15. Golf Specific Terms Rules Different golf courses have different rules and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read the rules of the relevant golf course that is part of your package before you book to ensure that you and your party can comply with the rules. The rules may include provisions in relation to dress code on the course and/or in the club houses, standard of play, handicap certificates and proof of address, amongst others. Please ensure that you read these carefully. We accept no responsibility for the operator of any golf courses refusing to allow you to play due to non-compliance with their rules.
Tee times We will do our best to confirm your preferred tee times, however, golf course operators always reserve the right to change these. We will help to find a suitable alternative where a change or cancellation is necessary but any such changes or cancellations will not entitle you to cancel your booking.
Weather In the event that the golf course is closed due to bad weather, we will be bound by the relevant golf courses’ weather policy. If we become aware of any such closure before you travel we shall advise you accordingly and discuss your options with you. If the golf course is forced to close due to bad weather whilst you are there, you should speak with the course immediately to try and agree a mutually acceptable alternative but if this is not possible please let us know and we shall try and assist you.
Maintenance The maintenance and upkeep of all aspects of golf courses is essential and takes place all year round. If we become aware of any such maintenance which would have a significant impact on your golf round/s then we shall inform you as soon as we become aware before your travel to discuss your options. We will not be responsible for any such maintenance.
16. Additional assistance If you’re in difficulty during your trip and ask us to help we will provide appropriate assistance, in particular by providing information on health services, and local authorities; and helping you to find alternative arrangements and any necessary phone calls/emails. You must pay any costs we incur, if the difficulty is your fault.
17. Your Behaviour You are expected to conduct yourself in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests. If in our or the supplier’s opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any of our other guests or any third party or damage to property (including a golf course), or to cause a delay or diversion to any arrangements, we reserve the right to terminate your booking with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other service immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other service will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to accommodation provider or other supplier prior to departure from the hotel. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you. We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
18. Complaints If you have a complaint about any of the services included in your package, you must inform us at PSP Media Group 50 High Craighall Rd Glasgow G4 9UD 0141 353 2222 without undue delay who will endeavour to put things right.
If it is not resolved locally, please follow this up as soon as possible after your return home, ideally within 28 days by writing to our Customer Services Department at PSP Media Group 50 High Craighall Rd Glasgow giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint at the time in which the issue arose we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it and this may affect your rights under this booking.
19. Protecting your money We provide full financial protection for our packages by way of a bond held by ABTOT ABTOT limited 117 Houndswitch London EC3A 7BT
20. Law and jurisdiction This booking is governed by Scottish Law, and the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.