Established in 1911, Kintore Golf Club lies in the Ancient Burgh of Kintore, in Aberdeenshire, and was originally a nine-hole setup.
Predominantly heathland in nature, covering a large area of land from the Don Basin, near the Clubhouse, to mature woodland at the far perimeters, Kintore's new 18-hole course was opened in 1991.
One of the main attractions is the good drainage which leads to very few days of lost play due to weather throughout the year. Since 1990 substantial tree planting has been undertaken on the course, which is now beginning to mature, adding definition and increasing the visual appeal.
Measuring just over 6,000 yards, players can't be fooled by the shorter holes here, as many are criss-crossed by burns. The walk to the fourth tee is excellent and golfers will be pleased to see Kintore's own 'Swilcan Bridge', which leads to the seventh green.