Founded in 1894, Renfrew is a historic golf club in the West of Scotland designed by James Braid. Originally a nine-hole course, it was extended to 18 in 1925 and has since developed a top-class reputation.
That has led to Renfrew hosting several major tournaments, including the Scottish Amateur Championship in 1984 and 1994 before being a Scottish Regional Qualifier for The Open between 2000 and 2004.
A scenic, parkland layout, Renfrew is a treat on the eyes when in full bloom, with no fewer than 29 species of trees identified on the premises. Meanwhile, views across the Firth of Clyde to the Glasgow Hills ensure a round here is a pleasant one.
The course itself is fairly flat, but one of its signature features is the proximity to the clubhouse from the 9th green, 10th tee and 12th green, giving players a variety of options.