SEVE BALLESTEROS | THE MASTERS
As we head into Masters weekend, April 9 also marks the birthday of the great Seve Ballesteros, who would have been 59 today.
The two-time Masters winner played at Augusta National a total of 28 times, becoming the first European to win The Masters in 1980 before doing so again three years later. He also recorded six other top tens in his Masters career, including runner-up finishes in 1985 and 1987.
So, to mark his birthday and Masters weekend, we've compiled 14 of the best pictures of Seve in action at Augusta National.
1. Walking up the 18th fairway in 1980 win
2. Presented with the Green Jacket by Fuzzy Zoeller.
3. A second Green Jacket followed in 1983
4. Playing from the pine straw in 1985
5. Celebrating an eagle at the 1986 Masters
6. And walking up the 18th that same year
7. Holing a bunker shot in 1989
8. In trouble in Rae's Creek in 1989
9. With fellow European winners Langer, Lyle, Faldo and Woosnam before the 1992 Champions Dinner
1o. Teeing off on the 18th during a practice round in 1994
11. Sharing a joke with Gary Player in 2003
12. And playing a practice round with friends Jose Maria Olazabal and Miguel Angel Jimenez
13. Hitting a putt ahead of his final Masters in 2007
14. In action during his final ever round at Augusta