Sign up for our daily newsletter
Want latest news, reviews, analysis, deals, and events, and offers from our commercial partners? We’ve got you.
At bunkered, we take pride in delivering unbiased and independent gear reviews. We want you to know that we do not accept any commission from brands or links featured in our buying guides. We do not accept any commission from brands or links featured in our buying guides, nor do we incorporate any affiliate links.
Almost every driver on the market right now is built with maximum distance in mind. For senior golfers in 2024, there's a lot of options on the market that will help them off the tee. Here's the best drivers for senior golfers 2024 has to offer us.
Brands often include a driver in their range that is aimed at players who struggle to get the ball in the air. This isn’t necessarily a draw-bias option, although that could help, but these drivers are more aimed at those who struggle to achieve launch and ball speed.
This increased launch can be achieved with a lightweight head, lightweight shaft, and a high MOI reading, something that brands have been very keen on in 2024.
So, what are the best drivers for senior golfers in 2024? Let’s take a look at some of the contenders.
- Ai Smart Face makes this very forgiving
- Very large profile inspires confidence behind the ball
- Very high MOI without compromising on distance
- No adjustability in the hosel
Callaway’s latest range features four drivers, and the Paradym Ai Smoke Max Fast driver is the option aimed at those with a slower swing speed.
With a generously stretched profile at address, the Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max Fast inspires confidence when it’s placed behind the ball. Suited for players looking for easy and high launch, a weight in the rear of the driver head will promote a towering ball flight.
This is a great looking driver that does everything a senior golfer will want it to do. It’s lightweight, forgiving and will fly a long way. It ticks all the boxes. This should be on your list if you're a senior golfer looking for a new driver in 2024.
• Read our full review of the Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max Fast driver
- Refined aerodynamic shape for faster club speed
- AI-designed HOT Face delivers more efficient speed and spin across the club face
- Draw bias control with max forgiveness for straighter drives
- Longer head shape might not appeal to everyone
If you’re a Cobra fan looking for a forgiving draw bias head to stop you from slicing, you’ll enjoy the Darkspeed Max.
The Darkspeed Max has ports in the rear and heel of the sole, as well as a 12-gram weight in the back for the highest MOI and forgiveness, or in the heel for a bigger draw bias and an easy launch. The AI-designed 'PWR-BRIDGE' delivers faster ball speed while the 'PWRSHELL' face insert and 'HOT Face Technology' maximises speed. A reinforced titanium frame creates maximum stability, and the carbon fibre crown is 30% thinner allowing more weight to be placed low and forward in the PWR-BRIDGE structure.
Couple that all with draw bias adjustability and you’ll straighten out those drives in no time. This high-MOI head will give you the forgiveness and stability you need to hit more fairways, while increasing your ball speed and distance off the tee.
• Read our full review of the Cobra Darkspeed Max driver
- 10K MOI most forgiveness you can get in a driver
- Carbon Fly wrap increases MOI lower CG
- Thinner shallower face for better spin control, distance and faster ball speeds
- The polarising 'Turbulators' are still on the crown
It’s been a big talking point with the driver reaching 10,000 MOI and Ping is part of the conversation with the G430 Max 10k making life easier for golfers of all levels.
If you struggle off the tee, can’t find the middle of the face, or want more distance and straighter drives then you’re in luck. This 460cc design is a larger profile with the addition of the Carbon Fly Wrap which has allowed a 28-gram weight to be placed at the back. This delivers a higher MOI, lowers spin and CG, and creates faster ball speed off the new and improved face.
No matter your level this will be a brilliant option for your high handicappers to tour-level players with incredible stability and forgiveness this driver offers. One of the best drivers for seniors 2024 has to offer.
• Read our full review of the Ping G430 Max 10K driver
- Rebound frame delivers faster ball speeds
- Star Frame delivers stability
- Variable face thickness delivers great speed across the face
- High MOI but not as forgiving as other options in this list
- Price point still quite high
With major champions such as Brooks Koepka, Shane Lowry and Hideki Matsuyama in its team, Srixon are clearly doing something right. However, they also cater well to senior golfers looking for more distance off the tee.
If you’re not a major champion and you want a forgiving driver option, the ZX5 MKII driver could be for you. This club head has a large, flattened footprint, which makes it easy to launch the ball high off the tee. In the head you’ll find the rebound frame, which allows the face to create very high ball speeds. Rather than just one flexing component, this driver has two, which combine to make a very fast club.
If you’re looking for a driver that is focused on high launch with high forgiveness, this is a great place to look.
• Read our full review of the Srixon ZX5 MKII driver
- 10K MOI makes it ludicrously forgiving
- Larger infinity crown is confidence inspiring
- Refined thinner Carbon Twist Face for straighter, faster shots and more forgiveness across the face
- Sub-£500 price point
- It's blue - and some golfers might prefer red
One of the most talked about drivers this year is the Qi10 Max with it’s 10,000 MOI delivering the most forgiving driver TaylorMade has ever made.
When you mishit a driver the face will twist, the higher the MOI the squarer the face will stay through impact which will give you a more stable club. With 10,000 MOI the club face stay as square as possible even on the most severe mishits and with the combination of the new and improved carbon twist face, you're going to see straighter, longer and more consistent drives. It is easier to launch with the strategically placed weight in the back of the head and it’s even surprisingly in the bag of tour pros as well.
With its larger profile, it’s going to fill you with confidence on every drive and you’ll find you hit straighter drives and more fairways on those mishits. Certainly one of the best drivers for senior golfers in 2024.
• Read our full review of the TaylorMade Qi10 Max driver
- Ultra-light is ideal if you're a slower swinging senior
- VFT face for great forgiveness across the face
- Deep CG for high MOI and launch
- Not for you if you have a faster swing speed
The final addition to the Titleist TSR range, the TSR1 is aimed at high handicappers with a slow swing speed, which will appeal to a lot of senior golfers.
This club is ultra-lightweight, meaning that slower players will be able to gain club head speed with it. As well as that, the variable thickness face will help strikes from across the face to perform well, with well struck balls flying high and far. The centre of gravity in the TSR1 is deep and almost perfectly centred, promoting high ball flights.
This club is perfect for high handicappers who want a driver that will help them get more height and performance from the tee.
• Read our full review of the Titleist TSR drivers
- Slight draw bias to straighten out the right to left shot shape
- Ai designed face max distance and forgiveness across the face
- Deep CG for higher launch and increased MOI
- Perfect for those on a budget
- Offset may not suit everyone's eye
Wilson are beginning to establish themselves as key players in the golf club market and the Dynapower range is a large part of that. The Dynapower Titanium is the most forgiving model in the range.
With a 16-gram rear weight and a CG positioned low and to the back of the club, you’ll get high launch that will help eliminate a slice in your drives. This is another club that has been designed with the help of AI, which has helped designers make the face the optimal thickness on each section of the club.
A club that features a clean design on the top of the head, this driver will appeal to a high handicapper that are price conscious, while still wanting great performance.
• Read our full review of the Wilson Dynapwer drivers
How we picked
We meticulously evaluated each piece of equipment's performance across a number of variables.
Forgiveness and Playability
With golf clubs, our assessment always considered the versatility and forgiveness levels, especially on off-centre strikes.
We scrutinise the incorporation of innovative technology in each piece of equipment we review.
We consider factors like adjustable features and customisation options available to the buyer.
The bunkered Golf Course Guide - Scotland
Now, with bunkered, you can discover the golf courses Scotland has to offer. Trust us, you will not be disappointed.Find Courses